This is a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education course, which is designed for those who teach yoga or are currently in training.
Pranayama can transform practice from purely physical exercise into a complete mind/body experience. It is accessible when asana (yoga poses) are not, so it has the capacity to bring all the benefits of yoga into our daily lives, in addition to enhancing asana and meditation practices. Class will include:
- Complete instruction on, and practice of 12 pranayama techniques (TTP)
- 90 minute practice including extensive use of pranayama (TTP)
- When, why, and how to use pranayama, as well as practice teaching (TM)
- Review anatomy of breath (AP)
- Overview of relevant texts pertaining to pranayama (YPLE)