Join Patty Hlava from Awaken Peace for this outstanding series on self care.
Taking care of yourself is essential. If you’ve been looking to make time for self care — this is the series for you.
The practice of self-massage is based on the Ayurvedic practice of Abhyanga, where warm oil is massaged into the body as a way to nourish and protect the whole system.
Over the course of three 90-minute sessions spanning 3 weeks, you will discover the healing power that is available to you, right at your fingertips! Learn practices that will help you relieve stress, improve sleep, balance energy, and even improve digestion!
The practice of Abhyanga nourishes the entire body. Benefits include:
• Improved quality of sleep
• Muscle relaxation
• Reduced effects of anxiety & depression
• Increased mental alertness & focus
• Pain & headache reduction
• Improved circulation
• Decrease the effects of aging
• Improves muscle tone & lubricates the joints
• Improves circulation
• Increased levels of stamina throughout the day
Be prepared to feel both empowered and rejuvenated!
* No prior yoga experience required
Please bring with you:
• An old towel and washcloth (they will get a little oily)
• A journal and something to write with
• Water to drink
• ** No need to bring oil — Oil for massage will be provided **
Week one: Receive a general overview of Abhyanga (oil massage) and learn the practice of self-massage on the hands.
Week two: Receive a general overview of marma points (similar to acupuncture points in Chinese Medicine) and learn the practice of self-massage on the feet.
Week Three: Go deeper in understanding of Abhyanga, explore head and face massage, dry brushing techniques, and develop your own home practice.
This series will take place on Sundays, March 24, March 31, and April 7, from 3 - 4:30 p.m.